Hubspot have recently issued their Annual State of Marketing report. The report is a data lover’s dream and is jam packed full of the latest marketing statistics for SEO, content marketing, social media, video marketing, email marketing, lead generation, advertising, marketing technology, and sales.
So what are the key take-outs? We’ve compiled our edited highlights & insights :
Latest Search Engine Optimisation statistics
– SEO remains a favourite digital marketing strategy
- Over 2/3rd of Marketers invested in SEO in 2021
- 71% said that strategic keywords was their primary SEO tactic
- Over half said their SEO KPIs were Organic Traffic and Keyword rankings
Content Marketing data
– Video is the new favourite content
- 82% of marketers actively use content marketing
- Marketers target multiple personas – 3 is the most typical
- WordPress users create around 70m new blogs each month
- Video is predicted to be the top Content Marketing investment for 2022
- 46% of marketers who leverage short form video consider it to be effective
- 45% of marketers use infographics as they work on multiple platforms
- Web traffic and Sales are considered the prime KPIs for content marketing
– Ecommerce for B2B is changing
- For ecommerce sites, the average conversion rate is higher on desktop (3.9%) vs mobile (3.5%)
- Customers show about 4x the loyalty to an eco-friendly business
- 39% pf B2B buyers want a self serve option
Latest Social Media data
– Research the right platform for your business and customer profile
- Facebook is the most popular platform across all age groups
- Daily usage of Facebook went up by 11% in Q4 2021
- The median engagement rate on Facebook is just 0.08%
- Over 90% of B2B marketers use LinkedIn for social selling.
- LinkedIn live streaming has more than doubled since 2020
- On Pinterest, 97% of top searches are unbranded
- Instagram is the 2nd most popular platform, but is the one used most by businesses
- Instagram users spend on average 10 hours a month on the platform
- Twitter is the 12th most visited website in the world
- YouTube and Facebook are the top platforms for video marketers
- Instagram and Pinterest have more female contributors, whilst Twitter is skewed towards men.
- Social media marketers typically post 3-4 times a week
- 73% of marketers cite “customer acquisition” as their top KPI for Social Media
– Visual paid search is growing
- Google Ads is the top advertising platform. Display Ads get the most engagement
- 33% of advertisers are looking to improve brand awareness
- Average CPCs include… Legal $6.46, Marketing $3.33, Software $3.80, Home Improvement $6.40
- Video advertising is expected to grow by about 5% between 2020 & 2024
Email marketing data
– Email gives high ROI
- The business email average click-through rate is 2.13%. The best open rates are typically on a Friday.
- Around 80% of marketers have reported an increase in email engagement
- 40% of consumers say they typically have at least 50 unread emails in their inbox
- Email has the highest digital marketing ROI for small businesses
- Audience segmentation is one of the top tactics used by marketers. Significant increases in revenue are reported when implementing segmentation for the first time.
- 76% of companies say they use email automation software
Digital Marketing Analytics
– Google Analytics is the insight tool of choice
- Over 75% of marketers report on how their campaigns impact revenue
- Whilst measuring ROI of lead generation activities is considered a top priority, but 65% of marketers accept it’s not an exact science.
- Google Analytics is the top tool used for measuring performance
The world of digital marketing is dynamic, so it’s always important to stay on top of new platforms, consumer trends and gather any insights you can as to what “good looks like”. As part of the WSI worldwide network, we have access to the latest updates and are constantly working on adapting our services so they reflect the latest news, but in the safest way for our clients. Take a look at the links in this blog to access our latest opinions and services on each topic.
Interested in hearing more about the WSI world? Please contact us.